Internal corrosion is generated by electrochemical reactions where several environmental factors such as hydrocarbon composition, water proportion and corrosive substances affect pipelines, storage tanks and other valuable structures.
Assessment of corrosion phenomena and mechanisms inside pipelines and tanks:
- Pitting and corrosion characteristics.
- Microbiological corrosion.
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) and carbon dioxide corrosion (CO2).
Design and Implementation of corrosion control strategies:
- Selection and dosage of inhibitors.
- Electrochemical processes control.
- Design and implementation of internal corrosion control strategies:
- Corrosion coupons installation and analysis. •
- Electrochemical control systems design. •
- Inhibitor efficiency control analysis.